Wildlife removal involves both exotic and domestic species, so it is important to understand what wild species are allowed within your local area. Here are just a few of the common mistakes that you need to avoid when dealing with unwanted nuisance wildlife:
– Attempt to catch the animal yourself: This may seem like a fun idea, but it is actually illegal. Wild animals are extremely powerful animals and the mere sight of you attempting to catch one can scare them off. Instead, hire a professional. You can find all sorts of wildlife removal services out there; make sure that they are authorized by your local authority or that their staff has a permit to remove these creatures.
– Use poison: These days there are a lot of poisons that are sold on the market and these products can kill a lot of small and large mammals, birds, reptiles, and amphibians. If you think that this poison is appropriate for your removal work, then make sure that you do not poison any other animals while taking care to use an approved poison. Also, make sure that you use a pesticide that is approved for use on a specific species. In addition, make sure that your staff does not carry any sort of poison while on duty, as this is also illegal.
– Don’t expose yourself or your staff to dangerous chemicals: Although it is true that these chemicals may be used safely, the same cannot be said for their vapors. A lot of people find it very difficult to breathe in these chemicals and this can lead to illness. Wildlife can absorb these fumes and can consequently suffer from respiratory illnesses. Make sure that you follow any and all rules and regulations of the company that will be doing the work for you, and that all hazardous chemicals are handled properly. Only use approved products for wildlife removal.
– Leave domesticated and wild domestic animals alone: In most states it is illegal to kill any domestic animals and in some cases even to harm them, but you can’t put too much thought into the matter. Leave these animals alone, as well as the pets that they keep.
– Make sure that you get an experienced team: Make sure that all employees have proper experience in wildlife removal before you hire them for this type of work. Make sure that they have sufficient experience, as well as certification before you hand them any kind of a task, so that you can be sure of their safety.